If you want to find out what your WiFi password is with Windows 10 and you are connected to the network. Just follow the 4 simple steps below:
- Right click the network icon on the toolbar and select ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’ (normally bottom LHS on your desktop).
- In the resulting window click ‘Change adapter settings’, right click on the WiFi network and select ‘Status’ on the drop-down menu.
- In the window, select ‘Wireless Properties’ then click on the ‘Security’ tab.
- You should see a check box beside ‘Show Characters’. Check this box and your password will be visible. Simple!
But what if you are not connected to that network anymore? Well it’s quite simple…
- Open a Command Prompt (type in ‘cmd’ in your Windows search bar)
- Type in the command – netsh wlan show profile name=”INSERT SSID HERE” key=clear
The password can be seen in the ‘Security Settings’. In the example below shows an open network.